Saturday, January 2, 2016

Rowena's Random Clothing Adventure

This was made in tandem with the previously posted gothic Lolita sequence. I colored directly from the pencil sketch because I liked the way the rough lines worked with the overalls, and felt that inking these images would look too polished.

Rowena decides to go shopping for new clothes, since she really only has one signature outfit currently. She goes with an unseen friend so that she can get a second opinion. However, through the wibbly wobbly magic surrounding her, she ends up changing appearances based on what her friend says. Although her overalls outfit is a morphed version of her original hoodie and skirt ensemble, all the other clothes she tries on are from stores in the shopping mall.

This is a very random sequence. I drew it mostly to work out some loose concepts. First and foremost, I wanted to depict Rowena in overalls, looking like a kid in her long hair and magically bestowed with an indignant attitude.






(The final part had to be posted in two versions because the full image is so wide, Blogger won't allow it to upload in full res.)

Her hoodie has fur trim at the end when it didn't in the beginning, which was a mistake. During the making of this and the gothic Lolita sequence, I changed Rowena's standard hoodie to have no fur trim and a purple hood lining, but I forgot that when I drew the final image. I guess we'll just say this is the magic resetting the clothes she came to the mall dressed in to her very first appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment