Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kimera Fashion Series - Part 1 (2011)

This was a story that started out as a simple exercise in drawing clothing and evolved into so much more. To get a full understanding of how Cobalt transforms, please see this post about her magical collar.


Cobalt shivered as the changes swept over him. It was becoming almost an instinctual thing now, his transformation into a female version of his goat/lion species occurring mere seconds after the magic collar was secured around his neck. He barely had to will it to begin. Upon settling into "her" lithe figure, however, Cobalt felt the familiar sensation of dizziness as her body tried to slip back to its natural male form. She was prepared, as always, for the ten or fifteen seconds of stern concentration she needed to lock the transformation.

"I'm a girl. I'm a girl," she whispered softly, forcing herself to believe it, just for that moment. With every repetition the changes to her body settled down. Her tiny muscles relaxed. Her voice stopped dipping into its old lower pitch. Her modest, firm breasts settled into their positions on her chest. She ceased her chant, now able to think about the fact that she was really a guy without turning back into one. In less than a minute, she wouldn't need to use any amount of concentration at all.

Her hoof-tipped fingers fondled the large brass bell attached to her collar. Each time she completed her transformation she silently affirmed to herself that the enchanted trinket was well worth the price.

A rap on the door brought her mind back to the purpose of her latest transgender experience, as did the ensuing voice from beyond it. "CK, are you almost done? We've still got a lot of prep work to do."

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Cobalt said a minute later, as her friend Iris led her into a large studio. Lights and reflectors surrounded an empty space where a white infinity background was draped. Off to one side were two Japanese women, awaiting them with racks of boldly decorated clothing.

"Oh please," Iris retorted. "You jumped at the chance. Don't deny it."

"No, I mean I can't believe you talked me into this. I'm not worthy of such awesomeness."

Iris introduced Cobalt to the women. "This is Yukino and Sakaki, two premiere fashion designers from Osaka. They personally designed the outfits you'll be modeling this week."

Cobalt respectfully bowed to the ladies, who did the same. "Pleasure to meet you. I can't wait to see what you've got lined up!"

"We take a lot of pride in our catalog," Sakaki said pleasantly. "I'm sure you'll find them to your liking."

"You'll have to remove your collar, please," Yukino said.

"We're going to get the most complicated outfit shot first," Iris explained as Cobalt carefully removed her charmed collar. Cobalt was silently thankful she didn't have to keep it on to maintain her female form, though removing it while female brought its share of risks.

As Yukino took the collar from her, Sakaki began to comb her white knee-length hair. "Your hair is lovely. So fluffy," she complimented.

"But too short," Iris said, eyeing it critically.

"Don't worry about that," Cobalt said. "Once I'm in my wardrobe I'll be able to grow it a-a-as long as you wa-a-ant."

"You got a little bit of bleat in your voice there," Iris said, giggling.

"Can't help it. My female form is unsta-a-a-able. The longer I go without wearing my collar, the worse it's going to get."

Iris frowned. "CK, this is something you should tell me before we get knee deep into all of this."

"Don't worry, Iris, I-I-I can ha-a-andle it. It's not like your camera records sound or video. I've been without the collar a few times before. It won't be that ba-a-a-ad."

Yukino and Sakaki shared a humorous glance and quietly giggled to themselves.

"It better not be," Iris said as indignantly as she could without bursting into laughter. "This is by far the most expensive photo shoot I've ever organized. If you ruin it, I will hate you forever."

Yukino began sorting through the racks. While the clothes varied in color and style, each garment was a finely-crafted silk robe.

"These kimonos look so pretty," Cobalt said. "Which ones will I be trying on?"

Iris smiled. "All of them."

Cobalt instinctively threw a hand against her stomach as she tried to stifle a gleeful bleat. "A-a-all of them?"

"In the Heian era, noble Japanese women would wear over a dozen robes at a time to show their status at formal occasions. The wealthier one was, the more layers she could afford to wear. We're going to apply that theme to these modern-made, but traditionally-styled robes."

"Iris, I'll say it aga-a-ain," Cobalt said breathlessly. "I-I-I am no-o-ot worthy."

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment